Saturday, July 7, 2012

Why I Want To Build & Own a #WikispeedC3 #100mpg #efficiency #agile

If you have seen and learned what I have then you would most likely be a twisted zombie just working away making a little money, struggling in this un-stimulating economy, frustrated by how much it costs to do anything, go anywhere, then you might begin to understand why I want to build a Wikispeed C3. Don't get me wrong, I have an awesome job with an excellent company with an awesome future.  But someday, I would liket o be able to say that I contributed to the new economy that values energy efficiency, assuming that ever comes.

Meanwhile, let me tell you about about the Wikispeed C3.

wikispeedc3
The Wikispeed C3 gets 100 mpg and can achieve
zero to 60 in less than 5 seconds.  Efficient and Awesome!
It's not only ultra efficient, already achieving over 100 miles per gallon with a combustion engine, its fast, economical (less than $25,000), made locally in the Peninsula with regionally sourced  materials where possible! and did I mention it gets 100 miles per gallon?  yes, that's right, gasoline is over $4 a gallon here in California and I would like to use as little as possible to save money and reduce the demand for the energy wars.

Right now this car is in its early testing and modeling stages.  Right now we are using Agile Scrum software development methodologies to iterate on the car and make it better and less expensive, without compromising quality and safety.  

Our goal is to continue achieving over 100 miles per gallon through each revision of the car and go to market with a whole new car company, similar to Tesla, which recently went public on  one of the exchanges in New York City.  (I'd like to see us start an exchange here in the Peninsula that competes with NYC or Chicago.  )  Anyway, this looks really fun.  I may even make something out of this business and pass it on to my kids.  Better than leaving them nothing.  

1 comment:

  1. I think in the new year I will be supporting Wikispeed in some way. The predatory, preparatory nature of the auto industry has me seeing red. Changing hardware so it won't fit on old models or dare I say other manufactures is just madding.

    ReplyDelete